I’m a chartered psychologist and teacher, and have been involved in stress management and personal development, in one form or another for over twenty five years. I’ve always found this work fascinating, and it has given me experience in all sectors: public, private, business, and voluntary. I’m a Fellow of ISMA, which I joined in 2001, and I’m now Features Editor on ISMA’s journal, Stress News. I was the first to use the term Stress Adviser in 1994*, during a four-year government funded research study. Since then, I’ve trained hundreds of Stress Advisers all over the UK. I’ve published ten books on stress related subjects, the most recent being, Teach Yourself – Beat Stress, and currently run Alice Muir Training along with my Associate, Nicki Beveridge, FCIPD, who is also a member of ISMA.
*Muir, Alice ( 2002) What is a Stress Adviser? Stress News – April 2002-Vol.14 No.2 17-18.
EMail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.stresstrain.co.uk (Please note as this is a 3rd party site ISMAUK does not guarantee the accuracy of the information and any views expressed are those of the members and should not be assumed to reflect those of ISMAUK).
Address/Contact – via the website or by e-mail
Work Area Covered: Distance Learning Courses - Local (Ayrshire and central Scotland), Regional, National, Europe and Worldwide
All other work : Local (Ayrshire and central Scotland), Regional, National
Civil Liability Insurance: Howden (HP9917) 15 Jul 12 – 14 Jul 13.
- Anger management
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Occupational Stress Consultancy
- Occupational Stress Management Training
- Personal Development
- Stress Management
- Experienced author (10 books on mental health and personal development)
- Reviewer (book or book proposals)
- ‘Expert comment’ for magazines and newspapers.
- Life Coaching
- Stress Advice/Coaching (individual or group)
- Confidence building (individual or group coaching)
- Relaxation skills (individual or group coaching)
- Assertiveness skills (individual or group coaching)
- Bespoke courses and workshops on all aspects of personal development and HR.
- Training in Stress Management (group or individual)
- Train as a ‘Stress Adviser’ with the concept originator.
- Train to facilitate a stress awareness session
Muir, Alice (2012) Teach Yourself – Beat Stress
Muir, Alice (2012) Get what you want with NLP. Hodder/FLASH
Muir, Alice (2012) Overcoming Loneliness. Sheldon.
Muir, Alice (2012) Make Your Sensitivity Work for You. Audio version.
Muir, Alice (2011) Persuade Anyone with NLP. Hodder.
Muir, Alice (2011) Blissful Relaxation Exercises Hodder/FLASH
Muir, Alice (2009) Teach Yourself Relaxation Techniques. Hodder.
Muir, Alice (2007) Overcoming your postnatal depression. Ed. Denise Robertson. In conjunction with ITV’s ‘This Morning’ Introduction by Philip Schofield and Fern Britten. Published by Hodder Stoughton.
Muir, Alice, and Hambly K. (2005) Coping with a Stressed Nervous System. Sheldon Press.
Muir, Alice and Hambly, Kenneth. (1997) Stress Management in Primary Care. Oxford : Butterworth Heinemann.