The International Stress Management Association[UK] ISMAUK is a registered charity and the lead professional body for workplace and personal Stress Management, Wellbeing and Performance. We promote sound knowledge and best practice, nationally and internationally.
Our activities include Stress Management training accreditation, national and regional events plus CPD for members including professional updates. Our charitable work also encompasses the promotion and organisation of National Stress Awareness Day that has been held every year in November, for the last 18 years.
The role of ISMA since its establishment over 30 years ago is to:
- Raise the profile of stress-related issues both in the home and workplace
- Combat the stigma often associated with personal stress
- Change attitudes towards the management of stress in the world of work
Through our register of professional practitioners, we offer support in the form of training courses and coaching both to individuals as well as to commerce and industry.
Charter for Wellbeing and Performance
As the recognised, National Association for Stress Management in the UK, ISMA promotes the Charter for Wellbeing and Performance and trains members in its implementation.
Membership benefits include practitioner listing, referrals and professional updates. National and international members are able to profile their work and businesses at events. Our Accreditation Service affords members’ products our endorsement with a stamp of quality and recognition.
The Work of ISMAUK Includes the Following:
Setting standards and encouraging excellence in workplace healthcare.
- Applying criteria for acceptance into full ISMA membership
- Validation of Stress Management trainers and coaches
- Promoting CPD [Continuing Professional Development]
- Providing and maintaining a national Code of Conduct
- Providing a network for those who need stress management support
- Establishing liaison with the Health and Safety Executive and other professional bodies
Dissemination and Exchange of Knowledge through: –
- Conferences and Events (Regional, National and International)
- Publication of “STRESSTalk” and other Journals
- Maintaining a high profile search engine ranking on the web
- Professional networking opportunities
- Educational Product range
- Free information downloads through our website